- APPLICABLE PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
IDENTIFICATION OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The person responsible for the processing of personal data collected through the Platform is SHERPA EUROPE S.L. (hereinafter, Sherpa.ai), with N. I. F. B-95673406 and registered office at Ribera de Axpe 47, 48950, Erandio, Bizkaia.
For any question concerning data protection, the user can contact the Sherpa.ai Data Protection Officer at or DPD@sherpa.ai.
- WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Sherpa.ai may collect the following personal information from users through the forms provided on the Platform or through the communication channels provided by Sherpa.ai:
Registration form and account creation as a registered user: username, e-mail, organization and password (set of letters, numbers and symbols that will be chosen by the user and that together with the username will allow the user to connect to the site.
Contact form or through any of the means of contact provided: name and surname, e-mail, telephone number, company.
Subscription and/or registration to receive commercial communications: name and surname, e-mail address.
In addition, Sherpa.ai collects all the information related to the navigation and use of the Platform, as reported in the cookies policy.
- PURPOSES OF THE TREATMENT, LEGITIMATE BASIS, AND CONSERVATION PERIOD.
Depending on the different forms, services or contents accessed by the user, the data may be processed for the following purposes:
Enable the operation of the Platform:
- Allowing the user to access the information and content provided therein, as defined in the Terms and Conditions of the Platform.
- Legitimate Basis:
- Consent of the user and, as the case may be, satisfaction of the legitimate interest, own or third parties, associated with the proper management, maintenance, development and evolution of the Platform, tools, network and associated information systems, allowing its proper functioning, functionality, access to content and services, as well as the overall security of all of the above.
- In general, the data will be kept for these purposes for the essential and necessary time to enable the proper navigation and use of our Platform and the content available through the same to which you access.
- Regarding the data associated with the browsing profile, in relation to analytical cookies that, where appropriate, you have accepted as indicated in our cookies policy, you must pay attention to the section on the temporality of the same (see cookies policy).
Management of the relationship with registered users:
- The information you provide in the registration process will be used to manage users of the Platform and administer the registered user accounts, including sending informative communications regarding the services of the Platform, among others, on possible changes to the Platform, services, as well as the General and Specific Conditions that regulate these.
- Legitimate Basis:
- Execution of the contractual relationship between the parties (terms and conditions of use of the Platform), under the terms provided for in Article 6.1.b) of the GDPR.
- Registered user information will be retained for as long as the user remains a registered user.
- Subsequently, they will be kept for as long as there is an obligation to keep them in compliance with a legal obligation and for the attention of possible liabilities arising during the processing, remaining available only to the competent authorities, always in accordance with the applicable regulations. After the corresponding legal deadlines, such personal data will be deleted and may also, if applicable, be securely anonymized by Sherpa.ai (anonymized / non-personal data).
Respond to requests or requests sent through the contact form and/or any other means of contact.
- The personal data is provided through the contact form and / or any means of contact enabled on the Platform, will be treated only to address your inquiry or request. The information collected is limited to identification and contact data, as well as data related to the nature of the request you send us.
- Legitimate Basis:
- The user’s consent and, as the case may be, execution of pre-contractual measures or of the contractual relationship between the parties (terms and conditions of use of the Platform), under the terms provided for in Article 6.1.b) of the GDPR.
- The information that is provided will be used for the time necessary to respond to your inquiry or request for information.
- In any case, they will be kept for as long as we are obliged to keep them in compliance with a legal obligation and for the attention of possible liabilities arising during the processing, remaining available only to the competent authorities, always in accordance with the applicable regulations. After the corresponding legal deadlines, such personal data will be deleted and may also, if applicable, be securely anonymized by Sherpa.ai (anonymized / non-personal data).
Sending of newsletters and commercial communications
- Identification and contact information will be used to send you information about news on the Platform, as well as our products and services. This information may be sent by post, telephone and/or electronic means (SMS, email, etc.).
- Legitimate Basis: In the case of users who have signed a contract with Sherpa.ai, the legitimizing basis will be the legitimate interest of Sherpa.ai to carry out promotional activities through the sending of commercial communications related to products and services aimed at its customers, as recognized in Article 21.2 of the LSSI.
- In the event that the user has not signed a contract with Sherpa.ai, it may process your data for this purpose provided that the user has given his consent.
- In any case, you may request to unsubscribe from receiving commercial communications at any time and at no cost, through the following ways:
- By sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Following the instructions at the bottom of the body of each of the electronic communications received. Recipient information will be retained indefinitely unless the User requests to unsubscribe from receiving further communications.
- Subsequently, they will be duly blocked during the period of limitation of legal actions, remaining available only to the competent authorities, always in accordance with the applicable regulations. After this period, they will be deleted and, if applicable, may also be securely anonymized by Sherpa.ai (anonymized / non-personal data).
- VERACITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED
All information provided by the user must be truthful and accurate. For this purpose, the user guarantees the authenticity of all data provided to Sherpa.ai. In any case, the user will be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements made, and the damages caused to Sherpa.ai, or third parties, for the information provided.
Sherpa.ai reserves the right to cancel the account and terminate the Platform to users who have provided false information, without prejudice to other actions that may apply in law.
RECIPIENTS OF DATA AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The user is informed that the information collected through the Platform may be transferred to the following recipients:
- Trusted service providers who may access personal information in the performance of the services they may provide to Sherpa.ai under their control and to the extent strictly necessary for the provision of the services contracted with them (e.g., IT providers responsible for hosting and/or maintenance of the Platform).
- If necessary, to other companies in the framework of actions and preparatory acts of review prior to commercial operations of any nature, such as merger, spin-off, global assignment of assets and liabilities, contribution or transfer of business or branch of business activity, or any operation of corporate restructuring and/or business of analogous nature contemplated in the commercial regulations, based on our legitimate interest in giving continuity to the provision of our services.
Likewise, the is informed user that, in general, no international transfers of personal data will be made, adopting the necessary measures and guarantees by Sherpa.ai in this area in accordance with current legislation on the protection of personal data.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of information obtained through certain cookies, international data transfers may be made (for more information, see our cookies policy).
- EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
The user has the right to withdraw the consent given, to access his/her personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, to request their deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. In certain circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation, the user may object to the processing of their data (for example and in particular, to the sending of commercial communications). In this case, Sherpa.ai will stop processing the data, except for legitimate reasons (such as the exercise or defense against possible claims). Finally, we inform you about your right to limitation of processing and portability provided for in the RGPD.
To exercise these rights the user can send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to the following address: Ribera de Axpe 47, 48950, Erandio, Bizkaia.
In the event that the user is not satisfied with his/her right or considers that the data processing does not comply with the applicable regulations, he/she may file a complaint with the supervisory authority, in this case the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es).
In case you do not want to exercise a specific right, but you have the need to make a query or suggestion regarding the processing of your personal data, you can also contact the Data Protection Officer, at the address provided in paragraph 2 of this policy.
Last update: January, 2023